Teeth cleanings are an integral part of preventive dental care. They remove plaque deposits from your teeth and clean the gums, thus preventing dental problems. You can maintain good oral health with regular teeth cleanings and efficient oral hygiene practices at home. Additionally, they help prevent future dental issues that may require more extensive dental work. At Complete Dental Health in Albany, Oregon, we provide efficient teeth cleanings to help you maintain your oral health in top condition.
Preventing Dental Problems through Cleanings & Prevention
Prevention and early diagnosis are vital to avoiding tooth cavities and gum disease. They can also help your overall health, which is connected to dental health. Periodontal disease can increase the bacterial levels in the mouth, which can travel to other parts of your body through the bloodstream.
Prevention begins with controlling plaque, colorless bacteria that sticks to the surface of your teeth, and tartar, a hardened mineral deposit. They are the primary sources of decay and periodontal disease. Regularly undertaking a comprehensive cleaning of your mouth can help you have better oral and overall health. As a bonus, you can achieve a beautiful and healthy smile. Our hygienists will assist you with your oral hygiene and the management of your gums.
A nutritious, balanced diet plays a vital role in oral health. We will educate you on the foods that will be beneficial for the growth and development of your oral structures. Preventive dentistry treatments like teeth cleanings, fluoride, and sealant applications will help ward off tooth decay and control the spread of gum diseases.
Importance of Cleaning and Prevention
- Regular teeth cleanings will prevent gum diseases, which, if left unchecked, can lead to premature tooth loss.
- Recent studies have found a strong link between gum ailments and cardiac disorders. Hence receiving teeth cleanings once every six months will stop the development of gum disorders. The possibility of fatal heart attacks and strokes can be minimized.
- Dental cleanings will remove most of the stains that affect your teeth and give you a beautiful sparkling smile.
- If diagnosed in its initial stages, oral cancer can be cured successfully. As part of our preventive measures, we provide oral cancer screenings to ensure the well-being of your oral health.
- During a routine dental cleaning, it becomes significantly easier to spot issues like broken fillings or enamel cracks.
- If we detect any serious problems during a teeth cleaning or exam, we will help you with the appropriate restorative treatments.
- We will provide training and education on effective home care routines that will guide you in maintaining optimum oral health.
We provide dental solutions to improve your oral health while transforming smiles. Visit our office, Complete Dental Health, at 1123 Hill Street SE, Suite A, Albany, OR 97322, or call us at (541) 928-6622.